Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New felt vessels

I've been making a lot of new vessels in preparation for the Talmadge show on the 21st.  It's been great fun to play with the colors and watch the work evolve.  Here are five of the pieces I completed in October.

Alpenglow  10"H

Alpenglow is inspired by a friend's photo taken at sunset in the high Sierras in central California.

Into the Woods  10"H



Into the Woods comes from my own imagination and is really a happy accident based on the wool having a mind of its own.




 
Red Rock Series:
#2, #3 Lichens, #4 Dusk
All 5"H



 The Red Rock series comes from my endless fascination with the landscape of the desert southwest:  southern Utah, northern Arizona, and the Four Corners area.  There will be more in this series, I'm sure.






No comments:

Post a Comment