Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanks

... to everyone who came to my booth at last weekend's Talmadge Art Show and said such positive things about my work... to you special people who bought a vessel (or six!), including most of my personal favorites (I'll miss them, but I know they're in good and loving hands)... to Sharon Gorevitz and Alan Greenberg, who organize the Talmadge shows so beautifully and help and encourage artists in San Diego in many ways... to my dear friend Carol, who devoted her Sunday to manning my booth with me, shared her insights on how to make it even better, and, most important , kept me more or less on track all day long... to my sweet husband, who served as my designated chauffeur, schlepper, tea fetcher, and more... and to the universe for allowing me the time, space, and skills to play with color all day and send the results out into the world.

As a newcomer to selling at shows like Talmadge, I have been surprised and thrilled at how much I learn on each sale day: about myself; about all of you craft shoppers; about how to improve my work, to present it better, and to answer more of your questions in my display before you have a chance to ask them.  I didn't think I would enjoy these events, but I really do.

I'm taking a brief pause from the studio to recuperate physically, take stock of what I want to make next, and decide when I aim to do my next show event.  Ideas are flowing, and I look forward to getting back to work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment