Monday, January 16, 2012

Serendipity

I'm often not as well informed as I'd like to be -- I find it hard to keep up in this age of information overload.  But sometimes things work out anyway.

Last Thursday at my yoga class, a fellow class member who is a painter mentioned an exhibit right here in San Diego that she thought my work would be "perfect" for.  Unfortunately, she said, the deadline was only two days away.

The show was "Small Images", an annual event at Gallery 21 in Spanish Village (Balboa Park.)  It was news to me, but what did I have to lose?  I came home from class, went straight to my inventory, and found four felt vessels that I thought were worthy of being entered.  (Most of my favorites right now are either sold or out on consignment, and since I didn't have time to make something new specifically for the show...)  The next day, paperwork in hand, I headed down to Balboa Park and submitted my work.  And two days later (i.e. yesterday) I heard that one of my vessels, "Gold Canyon," has been accepted! 

Show dates and details are at right.  I'll be sitting the gallery till 1:30 on Wednesday, Feb. 15, if you want to stop by and say hi.

I've also expanded my gallery pages here with recent work.  Please take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment