Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Studio 40 at Spanish Village

Last week I moved some of my felt vessels into Studio 40, and on Saturday I made my first sale there.  I  share the space with a very nice group of artists:  Susan Salazar "paints" with colored pencil and specializes in drawing animals; Mindy Turk makes beautiful bead jewelry; Kathleen Romero weaves baskets according to her Native American traditions; and Pierre Bounaud (who's even newer there than I am) is a ceramicist.  It's exciting to be part of the village, and I hope all of you who are in San Diego can stop in and see what we offer.


Pierre snapped this photo of one corner of the gallery, showing some of my work, his, and Susan's. The gallery arrangement is a work in progress, as we get to know one another and we two newbies settle in. I will take a few more photos and post them soon.

If you are near Balboa Park this Saturday, stop in at Studio 40 and say hi -- I'll be working there from 11 to 4.  Also happening this weekend at Spanish Village is the San Diego Potters' Guild's annual sale, which starts at 10 on both Saturday and Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment